What information do we collect from you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information which relates to an identifiable individual.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, email, address and phone number. Where you are contacting us on behalf of your employer, we will collect your job title and employer information in order to provide the service. If you are purchasing our services personally, we will collect financial information to facilitate payment. We may occasionally ask you to voluntarily complete a survey to provide feedback on our services.
Please notify us if your information changes.
technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service;
analytics information, such as what parts of our services you access and interact with.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with our customers, often educational institutions, and they may provide us with names and contact details of authorised users in order for us to provide access to our services or resolve service issues.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract;
- provide you with our products or services;
- process payments;
- make deliveries;
- maintain business and service continuity;
- send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service; and
- resolve service issues.
On the basis of your consent:
- Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you.
In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
- provide you with a personalised service;
- improve our products and services;
- keep our site and systems safe and secure;
- understand our customer base and purchasing trends;
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
- understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
We may carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- anti-money laundering or fraud;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 years after the end of your subscription period unless we are otherwise required remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- the following categories of third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, this includes any IT service providers we use to host or maintain our site and digital services;
- analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and service;
- customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
- providers that help us administer our mailing lists and send communications on our behalf.
- Any Academies forming part of our Trust.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Lion Academy Trust, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. We use system security measures and data handling processes designed to protect your information. We have an active firewall and limit access to data using login credentials. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes;
- where processing of your personal data is based on consent, to withdraw that consent at any time.
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Lion Academy Trust incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08171341 whose registered office is at Barclay Primary School, 155 Canterbury Road, London E10 6EJ.
If you have any queries, complaints or requests please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
This policy was last updated July 2020.